5.7K Compact Cinema Camera
Explore Your Undiscovered Creativity with 5.7K Compact Cinema CameraEVA1 features Panasonic’s high-end 5.7 K Super 35 mm sensor to achieve 4K/10-bit 4:2:2 images from an extremely compact body. With a wide 14-stop dynamic range, V-Log gamma, and wide-color-gamut V-Gamut colorimetry inherited from the VariCam Series, images are infused with the cinematic VariCam Look. Dual native 800/2500 ISO offers impressive sensitivity with low noise, while high-frame-rate recordings at 4K/60 fps and 2K/240 fps beckon with new creative possibilities, as does the IR (infrared ray) cut-filter ON/OFF mechanism for surreal IR footage in Cinematography mode.
With a body weight of just 1.2 kg (2.6 lb.), EVA1 is easy to shoot and comes with EF lens-mount (check lens compatibility before purchase). LCD monitor brings touch-panel convenience and allows flexible mounting. Detachable handle and rotary grip, meanwhile, add a new dimension to mobility, enabling convenient camera attachment to drones and gimbals.
5.7K ResolutionEVA1 contains a Super 35 (24.60 mm x 12.97 mm) sensor that captures 5.7K resolution. With an active resolution of 5720 x 3016, EVA1 delivers more than 17.25 million photosites, nearly double the 8.8 million for 4K DCI (4096 x 2160). By starting at a higher native resolution, the 5.7K sensor yields a higher resolving image when down-sampled to 4K, UHD, 2K, or even 720p. Additionally, the increased color information results in a finer, more accurate finished image.
Varicam LookThe ability to capture accurate colors and rich skin-tones is a must for any filmmaker. EVA1 imports the renowned colorimetry of the VariCam lineup of cinema cameras. It contains V-Log/V-Gamut capture to deliver high dynamic range and broad colors. V-Log delivers a very flat image while maintaining all of the color information within the image. This means there’s a greater level of play when the images are put through post-production. The Super 35 mm sensor achieves a wide color gamut known as V-Gamut, EVA1’s optimal color space that’s wider than BT.2020. V-Log has log curve characteristics reminiscent of negative film, while V-Gamut delivers a color space even larger than film.
Dual Native ISOEVA1 also supports Panasonic’s unique dual-native ISO sensitivity first introduced with the flagship VariCam line-up. It utilizes a process that allows the sensor to be read in a fundamentally different way, extracting more information without degrading the image. The camera can switch from a standard sensitivity to a high sensitivity with almost no increase in noise. Dual Native ISO gives cinematographers a greater variety of artistic choices and the ability to use less light on set. The EVA1’s Dual Native ISOs are 800 and 2500, which allow cinematographers to shoot in almost any lighting environment.
IR CinematographyThe EVA1 allows the infrared (IR) filter to be removed and replaced with a clear filter for extreme low-light conditions as a simple end-user configuration. Unique photographic effects and night-vision imagery are possible with this control over infrared. In addition, these filters are electronically driven and wireless remote control is also possible with the optional AJ-WM50 Wireless Module.
In The Box
- 5900mAh AG-VBR89 Battery
- Battery Charger
- AC Adapter with Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Microphone Holder with Rod Adapter
- LCD Monitor
- LCD Hood
- Removable Handle
- Grip and Grip Belt
- Lens Mount Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
For more information on the 5.7K Compact Cinema Camera, click here!
- More Info:
- For more information or advice, please visit us at onair.com.au
- Product Link:
- Manufacturers Part Number:
Broadcast & Professional Video 12 Month Warranty from Date of Purchase
- Subject to the conditions of this warranty Panasonic or its Authorised Service Centre will perform necessary service on the product without charge for parts or labour, if in the opinion of Panasonic, the product is found to be faulty within the warranty period.
- This warranty only applies to Panasonic products purchased in Australia and sold by Panasonic Australia or its Authorised Distributors or Dealers and only where the product is used and serviced within Australia or its territories. Warranty cover only applies to service carried out by a Panasonic Authorised Service Centre and only if valid proof of purchase is presented when warranty service is requested.
- This warranty only applies if the product has been installed and used in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations (as noted in the operating instructions) under normal use and reasonable care (in the opinion of Panasonic). The warranty does not cover damage, malfunction or failure resulting from use of incorrect voltages, incorrect installation, accident, misuse, abuse, impact, neglect, ingress of liquids, build-up of dirt or dust, maladjustment of customer controls, mains supply problems (voltage and frequency), thunderstorm activity, infestation by insects or vermin, tampering or repair by unauthorised persons (including unauthorised alterations), failure or damage by use of non genuine parts, unauthorised maintenance, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions, any foreign object or matter having entered the product and servicing that results in no fault found where the perceived problem is explained within the Operating Instructions or the troubleshooting section of the Operating Instructions.